Stór Scott agus Clós Déil
Scott’s Corn Store and Deal Yard
Richard Scott built a six storey corn store in 1846/1847. It was used as an auxiliary workhouse during the Famine, housing more than 300 women and children from the Ennis Union between 1848 and 1852,
Since the mid-eighteenth century white deal timber was imported from Canada and the Baltic countries and stored in a yard behind the Corn Store. It is still remembered as the ‘Dale’ Yard.