NEWHALL, or rather the older part of it, is supposed to have been built with stones from Killone castle. The rest of the house dates from the mid-eighteenth century. The front of the house was probably designed by Francis Bindon and it was built by Charles MacDonnell who bought Newhall in 1764 after moving from his family seat at Kilkee.
A four-part video telling the story of the house is available on YouTube, by The Irish Aesthete and narated by Robert O’Byrne. The link to the first part is below and the other three parts follow on.
Add a comment about this page